15/09/2014 - 19/09/2014
EPSRC Centre in Ultra Precision
01234 754132 / email@example.com
Precision Engineering Industrial Short Course
The Precision Engineering Industrial Short course will take place at Cranfield University 15-19 September 2014.
This course is based on the highly successful short course series developed by Professors Pat McKeown, John Corbett and Paul Shore at Cranfield University. It has previously been provided in Europe, the USA and numerous Asian countries during the last 20 years. With constant updating of content and with newly engaged internationally renowned instructors this courses offers a unique blend of the most current technical knowledge.
Aimed at engineers working in the machine tool, automotive, aerospace, optics and semiconductor industries.
- Deterministic performance of machines
- Design of high precision machines: analysis, principles and techniques
- Kinematic constraints and structures
- Precision motions actuation and sensing
- Control strategies for higher precision
- Spindle and slideway designs for higher precision
- Thermal effects
- Assessment of machine tool dynamic performance
- Machine metrology and calibration
- Error budgeting
- Case study design reviews
- Laboratory visits at Cranfield University
Course speakers include Prof Paul Shore and Paul Morantz of Cranfield University and Richard May-Miller of Cranfield Precision. A selection of international speakers from academia and industry will be lecturing on this course, eminent in their relevant field of expertise, that includes Hans Vermeulen, Senior Research Manager at ASML, Netherlands.
Short Courses are subject to Cranfield University’s terms and conditions. The Centre reserves the right to amend published information.