9:30 am - 4:00 pm
The OpTIC Centre
St Asaph, LL17 0JD, Denbighshire.
EPSRC Centre in Ultra Precision
01234 754132 / email@example.com
Micro Surface Structuring
The EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Ultra Precision is holding this one day meeting at The OpTIC Centre, St Asaph, North Wales on Wednesday 19th November 2014.
Micro surface structuring is used in a variety of processes for producing optical films, holographic images, medical devices and micro-fluidics to name but a few. The critical features of the technique are extremely small scale, repeatable features over an area of a product or component, giving the item unique properties that are not possible to achieve without ultra precise machining and/or replication techniques.
This event will bring together some of the UK’s leading exponents in this field to discuss the methods of production and some of the industries that are starting to see applications for this technology. The event is aimed at updating and connecting UK business and academia in these fields and to show some of the world-class technologies and processes that are being developed here in the UK.
Optional laboratory tours of UPS2 will be available on the day.*
- Ultra precision structured surfaces for reel to reel volume manufacturing
John Allsop, UPS2
- Precision micro-structuring with lasers
Dr Nadeem Rizvi, Laser Micromachining Ltd
- Characterisation of tessellated surfaces to assess micro-machining performance
Gavin MacAulay, National Physical Laboratory
- AFM probe-based nano-machining for surface structuring
Dr Emmanuel Brousseau, Cardiff University
- The Welsh Opto-electronics Forum – Photonics for the 21st Century
David Rimmer, DREM Ventures Ltd
- Laser induced micro plasma processing of polymer substrates for biomedical implant applications
Paul French, Liverpool John Moores University
- Improving micro machining productivity with industrial ultrafast lasers
Mark Thompson, Photonic Solutions
Agenda correct as of 15.11.2014.
Please note that photographs will be taken throughout the day for the Centre’s use in publications and website. If you have any concerns, please notify us on the day.