9:30 am - 4:45 pm
Foleshill, Coventry, CV6 6GE.
EPSRC Centre in Ultra Precision
Laser Processes in Ultra Precision Manufacturing
Thursday 15 October 2015, Ricoh Arena, Coventry, UK
While laser based production processes are prevalent in many cutting and forming production processes, their application in ultra precision manufacturing are less widely known. This event aims to update industry with some of the techniques being developed by UK research groups that are applying laser methods to fine-feature (micron and sub-micron) production. It is also an opportunity for businesses to discuss the techniques they are using to solve fine feature issues and to connect with researchers who may be able to help them solve some of their current manufacturing problems.
Organised by the EPSRC Centre in Ultra Precision with support from the EPSRC Centre in Laser-Based Production Processes, this event will take place at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry during the second day of the Photonex 2015 exhibition in the Jaguar Suite, separate to the main Photonex 2015 exhibition arena. Participants will have the opportunity to visit the Photonex 2015 exhibition during breaks (the exhibition is open from 10.00 am until 16.00 pm).
- Prof Bill O’Neill, Director of the Centre for Industrial Photonics, Institute for Manufacturing, University of Cambridge
Ultra Precision Machining Systems and Technologies
- Louise Partridge, SPI Lasers
Versatility of ns Pulsed Fiber Lasers for Precision Manufacturing Applications
- Karen Yu, PhD Researcher, EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Ultra Precision, Institute for Manufacturing, University of Cambridge
Control System for Ultra Precision Processing
- Frank Gäbler, Director of Marketing, Coherent Inc.
New Trends in Ultrafast Material Processing
- Andrew Kearsley, Oxford Lasers
Advances in Laser Micromachining
- Dr Renaud Jourdain, Academic Fellow, EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Laser Based Production Processes, Precision Engineering Institute, Cranfield University
An Approach for Laser Finishing of Wire + Arc Additive Manufacturing Components
- Wojciech Gora, EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Laser Based Production Processes, Heriot-Watt University
Laser Finishing – Improving the Surface Quality of Additively Manufactured Components
- Dr Krste Pangovski, Photonics Systems Engineer, EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Laser Based Production Processes, Institute for Manufacturing, University of Cambridge
Investigation into the Ablation Mechanisms of Titanium, Aluminium, Copper and Brass in Percussion Drilling Operations using Ultra-High Speed Digital Holography
Delegates will be required to register for the Photonex 2015 exhibition to gain access to the venue and exhibition. There is no charge to attend Photonex 2015 or Laser Processes in Ultra Precision Manufacturing events.
Online Registration for Laser Processes in Ultra Precision Manufacturing is now closed.
A wait list is now in operation for this event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join the wait list.