9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Gloucestershire, GL12 8JR, UK.
EPSRC Centre in Ultra Precision
Future Challenges of Instrumentation and Control in Ultra Precision Manufacturing
Wednesday 18 May 2016
at Renishaw plc, New Mills, Wotton-Under-Edge,Gloucestershire
The control of the processes of ultra precision manufacturing is probably one of the areas that has enabled the most significant improvements in recent years. However, the instrumentation of the processes is sometimes seen as lagging behind the process itself. The aim of this one day networking event is to bring the control and instrumentation communities together to discuss their particular challenges and advances, and consider how combining these strengths can build new ultra precision technologies. The event can also provide an opportunity to showcase the advances of in-process instrumentation methods that are enabling advanced control techniques to push precision manufacturing into a new level of production capability.
A facilities tour will be available to participants during the extended lunch session, subject to availability.
- Mathew Favell, Renishaw plc
Welcome to Renishaw
- Dr Ian Hayward, Renishaw plc
Raman microscopy in ultra-precision manufacturing
- Mr Jonathan Abir and Mr James Norman, EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Ultra Precision, Precision Engineering Institute, Cranfield University
From meso-scale to metre-scale machines – developments in position measurement technologies
- Ms Karen Yu, EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Ultra Precision, Institute for Manufacturing, University of Cambridge
Monitoring and closed loop feedback control of ultrafast glass welding
- Derrick Jepson, Aerotech
- Dr Andrew Yacoot, National Physical Laboratory
Dimensional nanometrology at NPL
- Dr Simon Fletcher, EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Advanced Metrology, University of Huddersfield
Improving the precision of manufacturing systems through robust thermal control and embedded instrumentation
- Richard Freeman, Zeeko Ltd
The challenges of ultra precision polishing and its relevance to the HiTech Consumer Market
Download Agenda Accommodation Information
These accommodation details are an aid for delegates wishing to stay in the local area pre/post the event. Please quote Renishaw at the time of booking to obtain the corporate rate. Delegates should ensure they make their own accommodation arrangements with the hotel of their choice.
The EPSRC Centre in Ultra Precision would like to thank Renishaw plc for hosting this event.
Online registration for this event is now closed.